Image Map

quinta-feira, 1 de janeiro de 2015

Tim Maia - Descobridor dos Sete Mares (English Translation)

Okay guys, this is the first lyric I'm translating from my beloved first language to english. Tim Maia was one of Brazil's most famous and successful artists, known for introducing soul music to MPB scenario. That was a while ago, and people still love him here. This song is known by most part of brazilians, was released in early 80's, and is played a lot at parties (specially old people's parties - my favorite kind). 
Anyways, in portuguese we are more free to play with verbs and nouns and that stuff, which I don't really see in english. So, I had to adapt a couple of phrases, to keep the original meaning of the song.
Also, there are a lot of references to brazilian beaches and cities in this song, like Ipanema and Leme.
Hope you like it ;)


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário